Date: 8th August, 2011
Aim: to connect and configure the VS10XX Midi/Mp3 shield to output an analogue audio signal based on input from the ADK keyboard module. basically trying to create a 5 note keyboard.
Equipment:
Arduino Uno
Spark-fun shield
Spark-fun VS10XX
ADKeyboard Module
Spectrum Shield (Optional, saves cutting headphones or a cable)
Board pins
Connecting cables
3.5mm Stereo adaptor
Setup:
Refer to CS10XX Midi Test blog and Note Keyboard Blog as this test basically combines both of those.
Arduino To VS10XX Connections:
Arduino 5V -> VCC
Arduino Ground -> Ground
Arduino D3 ->RX
Arduino d4 -> Reset
Arduino d10 -> I/O 1
VS10XX to Headphone Connections:
VS10XX Left -> headphone adaptor left
VS10XX Right -> headphone adaptor right
VS10XX GBUF -> headphone adaptor ground
Initially I cut the end off a 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable and soldered the wires directly onto some old pins creating a very makeshift way of connect the VS10XX to a stereo input. However I realised this could be achieved using the Spectrum shield. By soldering 3 pins onto the shield's audio input I was able to run the VS20XX audio output through the shields 3.5mm headphone jack. Essentially this saves cutting the end off a cable or set of headphones.
Code:
VS10XX/Midi Example/Midi_Keyboard
I basically combined the code from the ADKeyboard test and midi test. Each button press causes the Arduino to send a serial message to the VS10XX to create a note. This code only looks at the change in state of the button so the action of changing the button from off to on triggers a tone.
Results:
Running the output from the VS10XX input my laptop I was able to hear the sounds I expected. The midi messages sent by the Arduino were being converted into real analogue sounds byt eh VS10XX. I used garage band on my laptop as an amplifier as recorded and monitoring the input level is very simple.



No comments:
Post a Comment